Brides to be, if you’re going to get married, here’s the perfect skin ritual for the winter! Learn how to treat your skin with love and care during the harshest months of the year.
Now, we know that when you have oily skin, the biggest concern for you is breakouts. We also know how difficult it is to add more moisture to your skin without risking acne and we have the perfect solution. Let’s begin at the start:
- Cleanse, tone and moisturize daily. Use a gentle cleanser and toner which works for you to keep your pores clean and healthy throughout the day. We recommend Kiehl’s blue herbal gel cleanser and toner set.
- When it comes to moisturizers, you must be very careful about what you use and infact consult your dermatologist on what you choose to use. Our recommendation is the water based Hydranet which can be purchased at many pharmacies.
- Often, dermatologists also recommend oral applications to treat acne and we recommend that you get an appointment to discuss your needs and use one accordingly.
- You also must use an excellent makeup remover and these days, micellar water based removers are getting rave reviews.
- Using acne friendly substances such as tea tree oil products or aloe vera, you can keep your oil controlled and under check.
While dry skin is much easier to manage in countries like India, there is still a chance of your skin looking flaky and undernourished or even dull. With the right routine, you can really hydrate your skin and make it glow.
- Begin your day with a splash of lukewarm water, toner and a moisturizing massage. We recommend you use the Cetaphil cleanser which works well on dry skin. You can also use the Panchpushp toner by Forest Essentials along with their Soundarya cream as a moisturizer for a great routine.
- While it is not only important to use a moisturizer for dry skin, you must also pay attention to lip balms which can keep your lips from cracking and peeling. We recommend Body Shop’s Born Lippy balms which smell wonderful and keep your lips supple.
- Another important aspect of keeping dry skin feeling good is to moisturize your body with a good cocoa butter based product. Both Vaseline and The Body Shop have excellent Shea and Cocoa butter based lotions and moisturizers.
There is a lot of speculation on how to treat combination skin, but in our opinion, it is best to take a moderate approach to skincare when it comes to combination skin.
- Use a gentle cleanser similar to those which are used for oily skin. The La Roche products are great for such skin types and can be used to balance out the skin.
- It is important to remember that while you can use cleanser and toners which are meant for oily skin, you must use a light weight moisturizer which is easy on the skin and does not clog pores. It does not have to be oil free but it must be a gentle product. We recommend the Clinique moisturizer.
- If you have combination skin, you can also use a clay mask by Innisfree to protect your skin.
- One must also remember to ensure that their hair remains free of dandruff when they have oily or combination skin types so that the hair does not cause acne on the face. Use a medicated product such as Logidruf to maintain balance.
- Another important tip for all skin types is to use an oil free sunscreen with SPF 30+. We recommend the Kiehl’s mineral sunscreen!